4 • Checklists • [Editorial (Analog)] • essay by way of Trevor Quachri
• eight • tune to Me • [Floyd and Brittney] • novella via Richard A. Lovett
• forty • lights Up the mind: using Electromagnetic Radiation to Stimulate Neurons • [Science truth (Analog)] • essay through Kyle Kirkland
• forty nine • not anything to worry • poem by way of Kate Gladstone
• forty nine • Nothing to worry • inside paintings through uncredited
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • shortstory by means of Carl Frederick
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • inside art via Joshua Meehan
• sixty one • Wine, girls, and Stars • shortstory via Thoraiya Dyer
• 70 • this can be As I desire to Be Restored • shortstory via Christie Yant
• seventy three • In occasions to return (Analog, January-February 2014) • [In instances to come back (Analog)] • essay through uncredited
• seventy four • Product recollects • poem by means of Mary A. Turzillo
• seventy five • Product recollects • inside art through uncredited
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • novelette via Rob Chilson
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • inside paintings through Zelda Devon
• ninety one • the matter with Reproducible insects • shortstory by means of Marie DesJardin
• ninety six • similar to Grandma Used to Make • shortstory via Brenta Blevins
• ninety eight • Racing Prejudice • shortstory via John Frye, III
• a hundred • On Investigating Heretical Gizmos • [The trade View] • essay through Jeffery D. Kooistra
• 103 • Technological Plateau • shortstory through Michael Turton
• one hundred ten • This Quiet dirt • shortstory via Karl Bunker
• a hundred and ten • This Quiet airborne dirt and dust • inside art through Kurt Huggins
• a hundred and twenty • decided Spirits • novelette through gray Rollins
• 132 • Lockstep (Part 2 of four) • serial by means of Karl Schroeder
• 132 • Lockstep • inside art via Mark Evans
• one hundred eighty • The Reference Library (Analog, January-February 2014) • [The Reference Library] • essay by means of Don Sakers
• 181 • evaluate: Mars, Inc.: The Billionaire's membership through Ben Bova • assessment by way of Don Sakers
• 182 • overview: Ghost Spin by way of Chris Moriarty • evaluate by way of Don Sakers
• 182 • overview: at the Razor's facet via Michael Flynn • assessment by way of Don Sakers
• 183 • evaluate: Transcendental by means of James Gunn • evaluation by means of Don Sakers
• 183 • evaluate: John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood through Michael D. • overview by means of Don Sakers
• 184 • Brass Tacks (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Brass Tacks] • essay through a number of
• 184 • Letter: the writer Responds ... (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay via Haris A. Durrani
• 186 • Letter (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay through Rick Norwood
• 187 • 2013 Index (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay through uncredited
• one hundred ninety • It's Anlab Time back (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay via uncredited
• 192 • Upcoming occasions (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Upcoming occasions] • essay by way of Anthony R. Lewis [as via Anthony Lewis ]
Read or Download Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014) PDF
Best horror books
Neal Asher, whom Tor brought to the yank viewers with Gridlinked, takes us deeper into his certain universe with a fair extra extraordinary moment novel, The Skinner.
On the planet Spatterjay arrive 3 tourists: Janer, appearing because the eyes of the hornet Hive brain, on a undertaking now not but printed to him; Erlin, looking for Ambel -- the traditional sea captain who can train her the right way to dwell; and Sable Keech, on a vendetta he can't abandon, notwithstanding he himself has been useless for seven-hundred years. This distant global is usually ocean, and it's a infrequent customer who ventures past the security of the island Dome. outdoor it, simply the local Hoopers dare chance the voracious appetites of the planet's flora and fauna. yet someplace available in the market is Spatterjay Hoop -- and Keech won't relaxation till he brings this mythical renegade to justice for hideous crimes dedicated centuries in the past through the Prador Wars.
While Keech is researching that Hoop is now a monster -- his physique and head residing except one another -- Janer is bewildered via a spot the place the local population simply won't die and indignant while he ultimately learns the Hive mind's intentions for him. in the meantime, Erlin thinks she has lots of time to discover the solutions she seeks, yet couldn't be extra fallacious. For essentially the most brutal of the alien Prador is set to pay the planet a surreptitious stopover at, reason on exterminating all closing witnesses to his wartime atrocities. because the visitors' paths converge, significant hell is ready to erupt in a chaotic waterscape the place minor hell is already a remorseless truth of lifestyle . . . and death.
Why won't you glance within the replicate in the dark? What are you scared of? your personal face? Or the idea that you just could see anything greater than your individual face, whatever darkish and poor and unusual. ..
Award-winning horror author Graham Masterton brings you a set of fourteen tales as fourteen mirrors reflecting incredible secrets and techniques and unknown cruelties. glance heavily, and notice the tempting face of the woman who refuses to die. glance nearer nonetheless, and spot the greed-filled face of the fellow who craves the main negative meal of all, and the ashen-grey faces of the lads who again domestic lengthy once they have been buried and, in the event you dare, the heart-stopping face of the mother or father of the woods.
The President of the U.S. vanishes from the White House.
A top-secret prototype stealth fighter is destroyed in the course of a try out flight. Witnesses at the flooring say that it was once shot down by way of a craft that instantly vanished at very unlikely speeds.
All over the realm stories of UFOs are expanding at an alarming expense.
And in a distant fossil dig in China dinosaur hunters have chanced on anything that's certainly no longer of this earth. There are rumors of alien-human hybrids residing between us.
Joe Ledger and the dept of army Sciences rush headlong into the warmth of the world’s strangest and deadliest hands race, as the international race to recuperate and retro-engineer alien applied sciences has simply hit a snag. Someone—or something--wants that expertise again.
Set in nineteenth century Hungary and Romania, The Gentling field is the Bram Stoker Award-winning novel a couple of half-gypsy horse dealer named Imre and the terrifying offerings he needs to make so as to retailer the relations he loves from the curse referred to as the hand of the useless. After a vengeful sorceress inflicts him with a mortal sickness, Imre discovers, to his horror, that the one manner he can hinder his cherished spouse Mimi and their younger daughter Lenore from falling prey to the terrifying gypsy curse is to confront the one so much horrendous second of his lifestyles.
- Exquisite Corpse
- Analog Science Fiction and Fact (April 2014)
- The Shadow at The Bottom of The World
- The Easy Way to Write Horror That Sells
Extra info for Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014)
Angus McGowan looked at the Police Inspector curiously, even scathingly. 'Up here in the snow and a'? Why... ' lanson shrugged, and shivered, but not entirely from the cold. ' He frowned as he pondered his old friend and rival's meaning, then shrugged again. 'Just about anywhere else, I should think! The African veldt, maybe? The Australian outback? India? But Scotland? What, and Auld Windy, Edinburgh herself, little more than seven or eight miles away? No lions or tigers or bears up here, Angus - not unless they escaped from a zoo!
But Radu is not merely curious. Since his mind is mainly 'divorced' from his physical body by virtue of his long period of suspended animation, he cannot be sure that his body is fit and well and that his leech has beaten off his disease. However, and even in a worst-case scenario, he believes he may still survive resurgence by use of metempsychosis: mind transference - to the body of Harry Keogh. In which event the Keogh identity would be entirely subsumed, and Harry would be Radu! Bonnie Jean knows Radu's plan and is in two minds about it Soon to be Wamphyri hi her own right - if indeed she has not already 'ascended' - she would have Harry for herself.
But not when he threatened one of her own. Wherefore: You are making a mistake. There is great danger here! But despite all the effort she put into it the man heard nothing - or if he heard anything at all it was only an echo from that dream again: Of the red-lit darkness... of the Loreleis taunting, and flaunting their flesh... of the Awesome Stalker, not himself'after all but some other, or rather some other's voice in his head, questioning, whose simple questions he couldn't refuse but must answer.
Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014)