An eponymous dictionary of economics: a guide to laws and by Julio Segura, Carlos Rodriguez Braun PDF

By Julio Segura, Carlos Rodriguez Braun

ISBN-10: 1843760290

ISBN-13: 9781843760290

ISBN-10: 1845423607

ISBN-13: 9781845423605

An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics is an engaging and available reference paintings with complete assurance of the sphere of economics from Adam Smith’s challenge via Minkowski’s Theorem to Zellner’s Estimator. Eponymy - the perform of affixing the identify of the scientist to all or a part of what he/she has came across - has many attention-grabbing positive factors yet just a only a few makes an attempt were made to take on the topic lexicographically in technological know-how and paintings. this can be the 1st eponymous dictionary of economics ever released in any language. There are 1000's of eponyms and the typical economist might be familiar with, not to mention be ready to grasp, a comparatively constrained variety of them. The Dictionary fills this void in a plausible quantity that describes all proper fiscal eponyms. a few infrequent yet attention-grabbing eponyms also are incorporated, many entries are cross-referenced and all have a succinct bibliography for extra studying. Julio Segura and Carlos Rodríguez Braun have assembled a distinct Dictionary that may be a useful and lots more and plenty welcomed reference booklet for monetary reporters, economists and monetary students in any respect degrees of academe, and in all components of economics and its linked fields.

Show description

Read or Download An eponymous dictionary of economics: a guide to laws and theorems named after economists PDF

Best theory books

Julio Segura, Carlos Rodriguez Braun's An eponymous dictionary of economics: a guide to laws and PDF

An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics is an interesting and available reference paintings with complete insurance of the sector of economics from Adam Smith’s challenge via Minkowski’s Theorem to Zellner’s Estimator. Eponymy - the perform of affixing the identify of the scientist to all or a part of what he/she has stumbled on - has many fascinating positive aspects yet just a only a few makes an attempt were made to take on the topic lexicographically in technological know-how and paintings.

Read e-book online A Theory of Heuristic Information in Game-Tree Search PDF

Looking is a vital approach in so much AI platforms, in particular in these AI construction platforms along with a world database, a collection of construction principles, and a keep watch over procedure. a result of intractability of uninformed seek tactics, using heuristic details is important in such a lot looking out methods of AI structures.

Download PDF by Alexsandr I. Gubanov: Quantum Electron Theory of Amorphous Conductors

The electron thought of solids has attracted nice consciousness lately, generally as a result of a variety of sensible purposes of semicon­ ductors. even though, the entire reports and monographs in this topic deal in simple terms with crystalline conductors. at the moment, generally within the Soviet Union, experi­ psychological and theoretical investigations were prolonged to liquid and reliable amorphous conductors, and particularly to such semiconductors.

Download e-book for kindle: Intelligent Decision Making in Quality Management: Theory by Cengiz Kahraman, Seda Yanik

This e-book offers lately built clever options with purposes and concept within the zone of caliber administration. The concerned purposes of intelligence comprise suggestions similar to fuzzy units, neural networks, genetic algorithms, and so on. The ebook contains classical caliber administration issues facing clever concepts for fixing the complicated caliber administration difficulties.

Extra resources for An eponymous dictionary of economics: a guide to laws and theorems named after economists

Example text

Nevertheless, you are also likely to prefer a lottery offering a 10 per cent probability of obtaining five million (and 90 per cent of gaining nothing) to another with 11 per cent probability of obtaining one million and 89 per cent of winning nothing. Now write the outcomes of those gambles as a 4 × 3 table with probabilities 10 per cent, 89 per cent and 1 per cent heading each column and the corresponding prizes in each row (that is, 1, 1 and 1; 5, 1 and 0; 5, 0 and 0; and 1, 0 and 1, respectively).

C. Bryce (eds) (1982), The Glasgow Edition of the Works and Correspondence of Adam Smith, Indianapolis: Liberty Classics. Aitken’s theorem Named after New Zealander mathematician Alexander Craig Aitken (1895–1967), the theorem that shows that the method that provides estimators that are efficient as well as linear and unbiased (that is, of all the methods that provide linear unbiased estimators, the one that presents the least variance) when the disturbance term of the regression model is non-spherical, is a generalized least squares estimation (GLSE).

They are given by p(B | Ai)p(Ai) p(Ai | B) = ————— —. P(B) Note that the denominator is the same for all the causes Ai and it can be computed by n P(B) = ∑ p(B | Aj)p(Aj). j=1 Bayes’s theorem This theorem takes its name from the reverend Thomas Bayes (1702–61), a British priest interested in mathematics and astronomy. His theorem, published after his death, applies in the following situation. We have an experiment, its possible outcomes being the events B, C, D, E . . For instance, we The theorem states that the posterior probabilities are proportional to the product of the prior probabilities, p(Ai), and the likelihood of the observed event given the cause, p(B | Ai).

Download PDF sample

An eponymous dictionary of economics: a guide to laws and theorems named after economists by Julio Segura, Carlos Rodriguez Braun


by Daniel
4.3

Rated 4.25 of 5 – based on 41 votes