By Pekka Lappalainen
This publication offers a complete view on actin monomer-binding proteins and the mechanisms during which they give a contribution to actin dynamics and numerous actin-dependent mobile techniques. This new identify comprises chapters that describe the fundamental mechanisms of actin dynamics in addition to the structural rules through which a number of actin-binding proteins engage with actin. The ebook is acceptable additional analyzing for college students in complicated mobilephone biology classes.
Read or Download Actin-Monomer-Binding Proteins PDF
Similar molecular biology books
The expanding integration among gene manipulation and genomics is embraced during this new publication, rules of Gene Manipulation and Genomics, which brings jointly for the 1st time the topics coated through the best-selling books ideas of Gene Manipulation and ideas of Genome research & Genomics.
Burmeister and Ulanovsky's new quantity on "Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis" offers step by step protocols for all clients of this robust technique, no matter if amateur or specialist. The e-book includes a wide selection of PFGE options, auxiliary equipment, and a various array of robust purposes. every one protocol is given thorough therapy via authors who've had wide hands-on-experience with it.
This booklet covers important advances in enzymology, explaining the habit of enzymes and the way they are often applied to increase novel medicines, synthesize identified and novel compounds, and comprehend evolutionary strategies.
- Human Cell Culture Protocols
- Advances in Enzymology and Related Areas of Molecular Biology, Mechanism of Enzyme Action
- Bioluminescence and Chemiluminescence Part B
- Regulation of Nutrient Uptake by Plants: A Biochemical and Molecular Approach
- Molecular Biology in Medicinal Chemistry
Extra info for Actin-Monomer-Binding Proteins
J Cell Biol 2001; 153(l):75-86. 24. Bobkov AA, Muhlrad A, Shvetsov A et al. Cofilin (ADF) affects lateral contacts in F-actin. J Mol Biol 2004; 337(1):93-104. 25. Nishida E. Opposite eff^ects of cofilin and profilin from porcine brain on rate of exchange of actin-bound adenosine 5'-triphosphate. Biochemistry 1985; 24(5):1160-1164. 26. Carlier M F , Laurent V, Santolini J et al. Actin depolymerizing factor (ADF/cofilin) enhances the rate of filament turnover: Implication in actin-based motiHty. J Cell Biol 1997; 136(6):1307-1322.
83. Samstag Y, Nebl G. Interaction of cofilin with the serine phosphatases P P l and PP2A in normal and neoplastic human T lymphocytes. Adv Enzyme Regul 2003; 43:197-211. 84. Okada K, Takano-Ohmuro H , Obinata T et al. Dephosphorylation of cofilin in polymorphonuclear leukocytes derived from peripheral blood. Exp Cell Res 1996; 227(1): 116-122. 85. Abe H , Obinata T, Minamide LS et al. Xenopus laevis actin-depolymerizing factor/cofilin: A phosphorylation-regulated protein essential for development.
J Biol Chem 2003; 278(16):14394-14400. 50. Nishida E, lida K, Yonezawa N et al. Cofilin is a component of intranuclear and cytoplasmic actin rods induced in cultured cells. Proc Nad Acad Sci USA 1987; 84(15):5262-5266. 51. Minamide LS, Striegl AM, Boyle JA et al. Neurodegenerative stimuli induce persistent ADF/cofilin-actin rods that disrupt distal neurite function. Nat Cell Biol 2000; 2(9):628-636. 51a. Bernstein BW, Chen H, Boyle JA et al. Formation of actin-ADF/cofilin rods transiendy retards decline of mitochondrial potential and ATP in stressed neurons.
Actin-Monomer-Binding Proteins by Pekka Lappalainen