By Robert L. Weber
This anthology offers an perception into the wit and mind of the clinical brain via a mix of fun and severe contributions written by way of and approximately scientists. The contributions list altering attitudes inside of technological know-how and reflect the interactions of technology with society.
Read or Download A Random Walk in Science, PDF
Similar molecular biology books
The expanding integration among gene manipulation and genomics is embraced during this new booklet, ideas of Gene Manipulation and Genomics, which brings jointly for the 1st time the topics coated by way of the best-selling books ideas of Gene Manipulation and rules of Genome research & Genomics.
Burmeister and Ulanovsky's new quantity on "Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis" provides step by step protocols for all clients of this strong method, even if amateur or professional. The ebook encompasses a wide selection of PFGE thoughts, auxiliary tools, and a various array of robust functions. every one protocol is given thorough therapy via authors who've had vast hands-on-experience with it.
This publication covers important advances in enzymology, explaining the habit of enzymes and the way they are often applied to strengthen novel medications, synthesize recognized and novel compounds, and comprehend evolutionary procedures.
- Directed Evolution Library Creation. Methods and Protocols
- The Major Transitions in Evolution
- Interactive Probiotics
- P-Type ATPases: Methods and Protocols
- RNA Methodologies, Fourth Edition: Laboratory Guide for Isolation and Characterization
Additional resources for A Random Walk in Science,
21. Reyes-Turcu FE, Ventii KH, Wilkinson KD. Regulation and cellular roles of ubiquitin-specific deubiquitinating enzymes. Annu Rev Biochem. 2009;78:363–397. 22. Sierra MI, Wright MH, Nash PD. AMSH interacts with ESCRT-0 to regulate the stability and trafficking of CXCR4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285(18):13990–14004. 34 Justine E. Kennedy and Adriano Marchese 23. Berlin I, Higginbotham KM, Dise RS, Sierra MI, Nash PD. The deubiquitinating enzyme USP8 promotes trafficking and degradation of the chemokine receptor 4 at the sorting endosome.
Curr Genomics. 2009;10(2):133–142. 67. Shea FF, Rowell JL, Li Y, Chang TH, Alvarez CE. Mammalian alpha arrestins link activated seven transmembrane receptors to Nedd4 family e3 ubiquitin ligases and interact with beta arrestins. PLoS One. 2012;7(12):e50557. 68. Rauch S, Martin-Serrano J. Multiple interactions between the ESCRT machinery and arrestin-related proteins: implications for PPXY-dependent budding. J Virol. 2011;85(7):3546–3556. 69. Nabhan JF, Pan H, Lu Q. Arrestin domain-containing protein 3 recruits the NEDD4 E3 ligase to mediate ubiquitination of the beta2-adrenergic receptor.
82 The KIF3 complex consists of KIF3A, and KIF3B or KIF3C motor subunit, as wells as a regulatory subunit Kap3.
A Random Walk in Science, by Robert L. Weber